Friday, November 19, 2010

Flashback Friday!! featuring May 19, 2010

It's Friday, and that means it's time to introduce you to Flashback Fridays with Zia Sophia. Each Friday I will go into a time machine, take you with me and tell you what's happening on the random date I pick. This should be really fun, and it saves me from having to tell about the 1 million things that have happened since I left all at once. 

So, strap on your safety belts and let's go back in time.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Friday, May 19, 2010

Last night I went to a very strange bar. Let me back up, so last month when I was in Huntington Beach I met some people at a party who went to high school with my boyfriend. We exchanged numbers and decided to meet up once I got to Portland, OR. So, last night I texted then and met up with two amazing new friends at a hole in the wall dive bar that is in a strip mall in Beaverton, OR. 
These women are teachers, one high school and one middle school and we chatted about their work/students for a while. I got stuck in the frame of mind thinking of them as my teachers and the whole night took on a different feeling. I was buying my teacher jello shots and talking about sex, drinking and music with  people who I (until that night) thought may not be able to leave school. 

-Embarrassing confession time- My mom was a high school teacher and I understood that she came home every night to cook dinner, watch tv and be a normal person. However, I was convinced (until I was a senior in high school) that teachers lived at school. I know there are probably others who thought that too, but I doubt there were others who had moms that taught and still thought that. I once saw my sophomore English teacher at the grocery store with her daughter, but I figured that she just wanted some snacks for her classroom so that didn't effect my theory.

So, back to the bar and my teachers who were suddenly talking about orgasms, what? Well, I kept having these moments of feeling like I may get in trouble for being at the bar and then remembering that I was with teachers so it was more like a field trip. Suffice to say, I got totally fucking wasted so that I could deal.

This morning, May 19th I woke up with the mother of all hangovers and called my teacher friend who told me the best place to get a mimosa. I ended up at Eastburn which turned out to be The Most Amazing Restaurant Ever! Boyfriend and I sat on the outdoor patio at a small two person table that had swings at the table! Not rubber bottomed playground swings, but delightfully charming personal porch swings with arm rests and backs. A-Mazing!!!
I ordered two mimosas, some overpriced food and sat swinging at the table in the sunshine for a couple hours. They even put little pads on the table legs so that one didn't bruise one's knees while swinging. 
Hangover cure from the gods. 



 

1 comment:

  1. Best dive-bar night EVER! And I'm so glad you guys loved Eastburn...it truly is the best bar in Portland. In fact, you have to come back SOON so that we can visit it together. I'll see if I can sneak out of my classroom closet where they keep me locked up after school hours. It's tricky business, but as our Montey's night proved, it IS possible. Love you both, hugs and kisses (and plenty of orgasms!).

    --Sarah & Jen

    ReplyDelete