Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hitting the Road

Well, the Holiday weekend is over and it's time to get back to my regular life. Leaving the parents house today and venturing into the great wide open. Today the plan is to go from Silver City NM, to Fort Stockton, TX and then tomorrow will find me (hopefully) at Canyon Lake in Texas. Tuesday is the boyfriend's birthday so I'm taking him fishing. 
He is a little obsessed. This morning he spent over two hours figuring out the best bait to use to catch black bass. I have never been very interested in fishing. My mom and I went a few times when I was a kid, we never caught anything but that was probably because we were using cherry flavored fruit snacks and raisins. Last May the boyfriend and I went fishing in Idaho and we caught 10 trout. So clearly he knows a little more about fishing than my mom and I did. Admittedly, it's much more fun to actually catch something.
Every time I leave a situation to embark on a new adventure I feel refreshed and excited about another round. A few months ago while spending time at a queer artist community I got some brilliant advice. She told me "Make sure to leave before you're over it, leave while you're still in love with it." She meant that particular community but that advice works everywhere, and I believe it works for any situation. 
Before I get into the vehicle for extended periods of time I like to do some stretching and get a little exercise, this morning I found what may be the creepiest exercise video of all time and I wanted to share it. 



The shiny crotch of the grown-up makes me almost as uncomfortable as when Barbie comes to join them at seemingly random intervals.

So, now it's time to get everything together and get on my way. Wish me luck as I, Zia Sophia take on the open road yet again. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment