Saturday, November 27, 2010

On the Prowl.

I'm looking for a job. The hunt for a job seems fruitless during this time of economic recession, all those news sources say that the recession is over, but they know it's a lie.
When looking at job descriptions I generally have the same feelings about them.
* I could totally do this job, I don't really know what at least fourteen of those words mean, but I'm sure there is a training program.
* Wow, they want me to do a lot of things for five dollars an hour.
* I would probably be ready to quit before they found out that I didn't really have an MD.
* Medical testing is probably not as bad as it sounds, and it really does pay a lot.

So the hunt continues.

I started early yesterday and was absolutely certain that it would only take about ten minutes. Then, though I got distracted thinking about toys. When I was a kid my next door neighbor had a magical catalog with every toy available encased within the shiny, silky pages. I was an impoverished child with no such catalog delivered to my house. I didn't even have television so I didn't get toy commercials delivered to my house either. It's hard to remember how I made my Christmas list every year, but even with those hurdles I knew about cabbage patch kids and Popples.



One year for Christmas all I wanted was a purple Popple. I wish that I could go back to the time in my life when a stuffed creature that is able to fold in on itself was the best thing I could imagine.


Around the same time that Popples were the craze, Tom Hanks starred in a movie called Big, where he got the world's best job. So,  my job search made me think of toys which led me back to thinking about jobs. Yesterday was a very productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment