Friday, December 3, 2010

Getting Paid to be Zia Sophia

I have a new goal. Well, I really only have the one, but it's new...

I want to get paid to be Zia Sophia. 
Kimya Dawson wrote a song in which some of the lyrics describe how she always wanted to get paid to be herself and now she does. That is a worthy goal. 

I have been job hunting for over a week now, and I realized that I just want to do what I do and get paid to be awesome. My fancy dad (fancy dad = step dad) says that it's highly improbable that anyone would want to pay me to just walk around and look at things, but Rachel Ray gets paid for it and she's pretty dull. 

I don't have any brilliant ideas for how to insure that people know I exist, which I believe to be step 1. 
I'm on facebook and I have this blog. I travel around the country and talk to people, but mostly I talk to poor people. They would probably pay me to be me if they had any money but... they may need showers more than they need to support my lifestyle.

Someone suggested that I put cameras in my motorhome and have a live internet feed that people can watch, but I fear that the boyfriend and I would need to produce more drama... we may need an evil twin or a stalker in order to provide intrigue, and then it would be more like getting paid to act rather than earning a living by simply existing. 

Maybe I could wear a sandwich board that says:
Hi, My name is Zia Sophia, I would like you to follow me around and tip me if I do something you like. 






That might at least get my foot in the door. I wonder where I could walk around wearing that. A business district? 

Now that I have decided to settle for a little while in Austin I bet I could gather a following, literally. 
I guess that I would need to set up some boundaries, like not following me into the bathroom or into the RV, but some of my best work is done there...

Hmmmm, If anyone has any brilliant ideas I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment