Friday, March 4, 2011

Be The Change

It might be time to change the title of this blog. I feel like I have found a place where I would like to stick around for a bit. I am leaving the open road behind to live in a stationary house, more correctly, my dream house. The boyfriend will be here for this leg of the journey as well, at least for now. 
I have moved into a house that is affectionately named Babylon. There are just a few of us here, with a landscaped Japanese influenced (gorgeous) garden, a beautiful gigantic house, and two of the world's most amazing other people.
The universe has absolutely showered me with luxury and comfort, physically, spiritually and emotionally.

I woke up this morning trying to be able to realize that this is real. Realize that this amazing thing actually happened to me with seemingly no strings attached. The piece of me that understand my majesty, my importance in the universe, and my right to be happy and cared for is rejoicing. It seems to believe that the other parts have finally bowed to it, the divine self. 
The rest of me though, the skeptic, the jaded, too often let down, hurt child inside is just waiting for the catch. Is waiting for the other shoe to drop, or for the person in charge to realize their terrible mistake and send me back out, wandering aimlessly. 
I like the tiny, confident voice. I like to believe in the belief that people are generous and kind because they just are, not because they are looking for something in return. So I will turn down the bass, turn up the treble and listen contently to the tiny voice. 
Mahatma Gandhi said: "be the change you want to see in the world" and I believe that to be true of thoughts, and snap decisions of human behavior. 

Join me next time as I, Zia Sophia take on the stationary life and all the emotions that come along with it. 

1 comment:

  1. The road is still open. Now open your heart. Recognize and accept your magnificence!

    ReplyDelete